Monday, April 8, 2013

4 Smart Ways to Get More LinkedIn Endorsements | Bosmol - Social Media & Web 2.0 Internet Marketing News

LinkedIn Endorsements

LinkedIn Endorsements


I believe you’re familiar with the endorsement feature on LinkedIn. With this feature, you can easily endorse other people’s skills without having to write a lengthy, written recommendation.


In case you don’t know, the number of endorsement you receive affects your word- of mouth referrals, connections and search engine rankings.


So, do you want to get more LinkedIn endorsements? Here’s how…


          1.      Re–build your Endorsements


When I first started out on LinkedIn, I didn’t realized that I had skills from my previous career that made no sense to my current business (which is a guest blogging service) until I came across an article on vertical response. Since then, not only do I update my skills, I also moved them above my profile, and I got a couple clients as a result.


Pro tip: if you haven’t updated your skills since you opened your LinkedIn account, do it now.


For example, you may have listed skills that better applied to an old plumbing job. Now that you no longer work at that job, your current followers don’t know you for those skills.


Here’s a word of advice: visit your ”profile and skills” section, edit them for your current position.  This way, when people visit your profile, your current skills will pop up for them to endorse.


          2.      Don’t be selfish–Endorse Others


Yes, you read that right.  I didn’t mean to be rude–I just said that to dazzle you.


If you’re expecting others to endorse you, endorse them.


When you endorse your connections, they receive an email notification that you’ve endorsed them and that email notifies them to endorse you.


You see, it’s a win–win situation.  50/50. No cheating.


How to Endorse Others:


If you don’t know how to endorse others on LinkedIn, here’s how to do it:


          3.      Visit their Profile


Scroll down to ”skills and expertise section” and endorse the skills they claimed. It may be one, two, or three. It’s your choice!


          4.      Be Smart–Move your Expertise Section to the Top of your Profile


Yes. Make your profile visible so people can endorse you without having to scroll down your profile.


Here’s how to go about it:


Click to edit your skills.


Scroll down to the ”skills and expertise section”.


Place your curser on the ”skills and expertise” section and drag it up.


Drop the ”skills and expertise” section higher up on your profile so your connections can easily see it!


Your turn to ”Wow’’ me…


Have you edited your linkedIn profile since you opened it?


Have you started endorsing others? What are you waiting for?


What do you like about LinkedIn endorsement feature?


Do let me know what you think in the comments section. I’d be waiting to reply your comments


Guest Post: Daniel Adetunji is a guest blogger and freelance writer who offers guest blogging services to business owners and start-ups.  He’s also a young entrepreneur who believes in the power of written words. You can find him on Twitter: @adetunjiwrites


4 Smart Ways to Get More LinkedIn Endorsements – Click to Tweet


4 Smart Ways to Get More LinkedIn Endorsements

No comments:

Post a Comment